Well, its mid January, the DeLorean has been off the road for about two and a half months now. I am hoping to have it back on the road by April, so that would make this the half way point of winter storage. Here is an update of my winter list, some have been completed, and a few more have been added:
(1) Replace plastic coolant bottle and brackets with stainless
Remove and refurbish dash binnacle : cleaned and replaced bulbs with LEDs.
(3) Update clutch system : need to do this when it warms up as it will be a longer job. Clutch master cylinder is definitely leaking a bit, needs to be done before excessive driving in the spring.
Distributor cap, rotor, and wires : finished before its winter nap.
(5) Stereo install : front speakers are installed, head unit is sitting here waiting to be installed.
(6) Alternator : would like to upgrade to help power the new stereo system and cut sudden power draws from the cooling fans.
(7) Pivot bolt replacement : have this on hand also, waiting till it gets warmer.
Misc. cleanup : recovered the steering wheel pad, looks good as new.
Replaced tail light board : drivers side board needed to be upgraded. Now both are Grady boards. Working well.
(10) Oil pressure light sender : have the part, need to install to fix the oil leak
(11) Alarm / remote door unlock system : would like to get this to protect the car as well as modernize it with a remote door lock/unlock feature. Going to be ordered soon.
(12) Repaint louvers : possibly.