Basic cleanup and detailing

By admin No comments

Also this weekend I got around to the following tasks: – Replaced side marker gaskets with new rubber as the old were shredded. – Replaced rear side marker lights as the old red lenses were cracked or damaged. – Replaced side marker bulbs with LEDs – Cleaned up engine compartment – Placed plastic loom around […]

Stereo and speaker upgrade

By admin No comments

Well, the car has made its return from storage back home yesterday. Got a LOT accomplished. In regards to the stereo system, with the help of a friend we first started by cutting and splicing in the new radio harness to the old car wiring, and removing all the old speaker wire. We ran new […]

Pictures of the new rear speakers

By admin No comments

The 4×10″ rear speakers came in today. Here are some pics:

Engine compartment label replacement

By admin No comments

So I am sitting around with not a whole lot to do today, and thought I would tidy up a few things that need it. First was my engine compartment right rear panel. The sticker was crooked & yellowed, and the latch was disgusting. It looks likt it had been brass coated, but I just […]

Rear speakers purchased

By admin No comments

I went ahead and also ordered replacement speakers for the rear panels of the DeLorean. When I received the car only one speaker, the front passenger side, had worked. The rest, nothing. When I went and replaced the front speakers, for some reason the front drivers side still had no sound until I spliced the […]

New part order placed

By admin No comments

Just got off the phone with Warren at DeLorean Motor Company Houston and placed an order for assorted parts to fix several things on the car. Ended up ordering an A/C decal, fan switch, and several screws to finish the odd work needed on my A/C center panel when I finish installing the stereo. Also […]

Some interior work finished, more started

By admin No comments

Today I also finished piecing back together the kneepads and steering wheel cover that I removed when cleaning/adding LEDs to the binnacle of the DeLorean. I had stripped a bolt and fixed it which is why it was not finished with the original work. But, the big task accomplished was the removal of the center […]

Accomplishing some work on the DeLorean…at last!

By admin No comments

Finally got around to completing some work on the DeLorean today. First up was replacing the oil light pressure sender to stop an oil leak. It was best to do this job with a 3/8 ratchet, extension, swivel socket, and 15/16″ deep socket. The 15/16″ socket can be replaced with a 23mm socket (the correct […]